Detoxification is about unwinding, cleansing and intensifying the body from the inside out by eliminating toxins then feeding your body with healthy nutrients. Here is an article on how to detox your body.
Detoxification is the method of discarding toxic substances from the body.
We all have hectic days where we clean the mess in our home but what about cleaning your body where your health and soul or spirit resides? Yeah, cleansing your body or detoxifying your body is also very vital.
Normally detoxification means purifying the blood. Cleansing your body can increase energy and mental health, promote weight loss, relieve pain and prevent diseases. Making dietary modifications, fasting, concentration on doing physical activity, exercising more and going for a chemical-free way of life is all few effective routines to cleanse the body.
So here are few effective and simple methods to detox your body
Drink lots of water
- Water should be your main drink of preference. Nothing can cleanse your body as water does. It washes out toxins from your body all day long.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water per day. It keeps you hydrated along with cleaning your body system.
- Drinking more water also helps you to
- Weight lose
- Balances the pH of the body
- Improves mood
- Enhances energy levels
- Better digestive health
- Boosts immune function
- So drinking lots of water has benefits in many ways.
- So always carry a water bottle along with you.
Want to know how to lose weight by exercise? Here are effective ways to lose weight by exercise
Consume more Fiber to detox your body
- Eating plenty of fiber helps to eliminate waste, both endogenous and toxins including bile.
- Keeps bowel movements normal.
- Without fiber in your diet, it isn’t easy to eliminate waste.
- Consume fruits and vegetables like green beans, potatoes, cauliflower and apples. Eat more beans and other legumes which are high in fiber. Whole grains like oats and wheat also contain a good amount of fiber.
Detox your body with yoga
- Yoga is said to detoxify the body by promoting the elimination of carbon dioxide, lactic acid and lymphatic fluids from the body.
- Yoga enhances blood circulation. This ensures a fresh supply of oxygen to different parts of the body.
Yoga asanas to detox
- Trikonasana (Triangle pose) – Relieves gastritis, acidity, indigestion and flatulence.
- Ustrasana (camel pose ) – enhances digestion, stretches the stomach and intestinal organs, releases trapped toxic gas.
- Setu Bandhanasana (Bridge pose) – stretches the neck, chest and spine, helps to improve digestion and facilitates the elimination of waste.
- Yoga is a simple and effective way to detox your body which is also free from side effects.
Deduct your intake of sugar and processed foods
- High consumption of sugary and highly processed foods has been linked to obesity and other chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer, etc.
- By consuming less sugar and junk food, one can keep the body’s detoxification system healthy.
- Eliminate junk food from your diet.
- Sugar, fructose, and glucose are tough on the liver, and eating up too much leads to obesity.
- Avoid Alcohol and tobacco
- Tobacco in all its forms, including cigarettes, cigars etc., is harmful to the lungs and may contain chemicals that are toxic to the body.
- Don’t take alcohol as it dehydrates your body.
- Observational studies have shown that moderate alcohol consumption is beneficial for heart health, but excessive drinking can cause a myriad of health problems.
- Hydration is key to a successful detox. You should cut down alcohol until the detox is over.
- These are addictive and highly destructive to the body.
Lemon water to detox your body
- Start-up your mornings with a glass of lemon water even before your breakfast.
- Lemon water does magic to your body and washes out all the toxins present.
- Pinch a slice of lemon into a glass of warm water and gulp it as soon as you crawl out of your bed.
A good quality sleep
- It’s important to keep in mind that along with your body your mind also needs detoxification.
- Brain thrusts out toxins when the hormones are stable and balanced and that’s when you get a good amount of sleep.