Happiness, it is something that we all desire. Happiness, do have a very important role in our lives and can have a huge effect on our lives. There is quote by Dalai Lama “The purpose of our lives is to be happy” which is very true and inspiring.
So what is Happiness meaning?
Personally, I feel happiness comes when you feel satisfied and fulfilled.
If we look at the definition of happiness Oxford Dictionary’s define (meaning) it as “the state of being happy”.
There are myths about getting happiness in life through money.
Happiness does not need money. Money is just paper to buy our essentials to survive. So it’s not expensive at all, we feel it difficult to have happiness in our lives hence we feel it as expensive. Happiness won’t be found overnight it all comes with some habits we cultivate in our lives.
If you are reading this article then I’m sure your are not happy or may be not satisfied with your life. Here are few tips to overcome unhappiness and have joy and light in your life.
Be positive minded
- Happiness comes within by managing negative emotions, which is an art. We should know how better to handle negative thoughts and emotions we get in our lives. It is also a key to find happiness
- You need to learn and accept the fundamental thing that define the fact of human beings. Whenever you are happy, you live with it and enjoy but, when difficulties comes you get stressed and exhausted to come out of it. Difficult emotions are part of life, but the way you manage them makes the difference.
- Cultivate positive emotions in life by giving gratitude, love, joy, and satisfaction, helping others, inspiration and many more. These positive emotions helps our bodies and minds to improve our lives. They lower anxiety, depression, anger, hatred, and grudge.
- Try to search positive things in all negative thoughts.
- Whatever may happen try to be always positive.
- Done feel depressed.
Stop thinking about past, to be happy
- Whatever happened in the past it will be last forever and cannot be changed. Do not rely on our past and ruin your present. Do not get stuck with the past. Move on and look forward to a better future and success.
- Start doing new things. Join new courses, like music, dance, or whatever u feel happy about.
- Make sure you don’t do repeat the same mistakes again.
- Accept that mistakes are part of life and forgive yourself.
- Write down your mistakes. Learn lessons from your mistakes.
- There may be experiences in your past that were hurtful, but there are also some good memories as well. Cherish them and move on.
Never ignore the little things in life
- Never ignore smaller things in life, because one day you will look back and realize that those small things were big things that give you more happiness than anything else does.
- Learn the art of appreciating the little things in life. It is the little things in life that make for the happiest of experiences.
- Never do things that you do not like
- Stop wasting your time and energy. Especially if you have the choice not to do the thing that, you hate. It happens when you feel it is not right for your personality.
- Stop saying yes to everything.
- Never do things because others are doing thinking you are inferior to do those.
Improve your strengths and interests and stay happy
- Do things, which you are good and interested more over enhance your interest.
For instance, I’m interested in doing things like cooking, traveling, reading, painting.
- Happiness increases when we find our strengths and practice them. Therefore practice more until you are master in it.
- We really feel great doing things, which we like.
Listen to music it helps to stay happy
- Listen to music you like. It makes you feel better because listening to music causes our brains to release the hormone dopamine, a neurochemical connected to pleasure and reward. It has found that those who engage themselves in music and dance helps in increasing levels of happiness.
- Listen to instrumental music, which has no lyrics in it. This gives you pleasure and relaxation to your minds than usual songs.
Travel more and stay cheerfull
- Travelling improves social and communication skills. It ensures peace of mind.
- Traveling helps, you get original.
- Studies show that traveling can improve our overall health and enhance our creativity.
- It helps you get original and creative thoughts.
- Being in a place where you do not know anyone will assist you to gain confidence and you start loving yourself. As a result, you will develop the ability to cope with obstacles, which will make you a confident person.
- During traveling, you will meet new people.. If you travel enough, you will learn to accept and appreciate the different behavior, emotions, and lifestyle.
- Traveling makes you more open and accepting. Eventually, traveling provides you with unforgettable moments and experiences.
Have meaningful relationships
- Humans have a basic need to interact and connect with people. Have true and genuine people in your life than fake people who are not worthy of you and your time for them.
- Without meaningful relationships, our lives are so hard to lead.
- Relationship be in any of way, either father, mother, sibling, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife or husband, everyone will have their own way of thinking stop expecting more and start thinking in their perspective itself there is nothing like fake in any relationship, maybe expecting more or not understanding the circumstances could be the reason. That’s okay we came alone to this world, why should we give someone else to monitor our happiness.
- Sometimes deep and meaningful relationships play a crucial role in the overall well-being of humans. Past research has shown that individuals with supportive and honoring relationships have better mental health, higher levels of subjective well-being, and lower rates of morbidity and mortality.
- In May 2013, the American Heart Association (AHA) released a scientific statement associating pet ownership with reduced heart disease risk factors and greater longevity.
- Psychologists have conducted a series of experiments to determine the role of pets in our happiness. They found that pet owners were happier and healthier and better adjusted than non-owners.
- Especially dog, owners who felt a strong connection to their pets were happier and healthier.
- Have some pets of your like spend time playing with them. You will great after spending time with your pets.
Hang out with people
- Spending time with people who are just like you is good, but it is of great importance to hang out with those who are better than you.
- These people see things and think better than us while having more wide experiences.
- Especially spending time with old people because they will help you learning life lessons.
- Spend time alone.
- It is important to enjoy our own company. Spend time all alone at least once in few days.
- Anytime you are feeling stressed out, try getting at least 10 minutes alone to just breathe.
- Studies have shown that spending time alone can help improve problems with depression. Therefore one can actually be healthy because it helps them deal with the stress of the world in a healthy way and process their thoughts and feelings.
- It enables you to clear your mind.
“Happiness depends upon ourselves.“
“Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. ”
Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Happiness is a state of mind. It’s just according to the way you look at things. ”
Walt Disney Company
There are various ways to lead a happy life. Few important ones are noted in this article. To sum up, you do not need reasons to lead a happy life. It’s all the mindset you need to have in your life.
Stay happy it’s okay you don’t own all the problems in this world.