Many people have dandruff and it is one of the problem along with your daily problems.
Though some have voluminous hair they get tensed and worry about losing hair because of this problem. So what is all about this dandruff and how to get rid of this. In this article, you’ll find easy and simple steps to get rid of dandruff.
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a skin condition which mostly affects the scalp in the form of flakes of white or grey colored.
what are the Causes of dandruff
Malassezia is a yeast-like fungus, which lives in the heads of all people. This yeast irritates your scalp and causes excess skin cell growth in few people.
There is a lot of difference at the level of gene expression between a healthy person’s scalp and dandruff scalps, which is the most common cause of this scaly white dead skin flakes.. It is also believed that it also consists of many genetic and environmental factors, as it is one of the most reason to cause it.
Many believe that dandruff is related to poor hygiene, which is false, but it may be more evident if a person does not wash or brush their hair regularly, can increase the dandruff, nothing but its advice to have a good hygiene.
- It affects more adult males than adult females. Around half of everyone, on earth suffers from it. It can appear at any age. It may worsen in coldest seasons.
- When dandruff gets worse it will start to appear on your shoulders which could be an embarrassment and it may impact on your daily life as you always feel like scratching, irritating scalp and makes you uncomfortable. This will even make you avoid wearing your beloved dark coloured outfits.
SYMPTOMS of dandruff
The most common symptoms are flakes or fragments of dead skin and itchy scalp.
Dandruff is not only seen on the scalp but also your ears, sides of your beard and nose, your eyebrows with red or pink inflamed skin.
TYPES OF DANDRUFF
- Oily scalp dandruff
- Dry skin dandruff
- Fungal dandruff
How to prevent and treat it
The best and foremost thing you have to do is use, antidandruff shampoo, select the shampoo which contains these active components.
- Salicylic acid
- Selenium sulfide
- Zinc pyrithione
- Tar shampoo
- These components based shampoo will reduce your dandruff. So when you’re buying shampoos look for these components.
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair. As hot water can make your scalp dry and cause dandruff.
- Be careful if you’re using tar shampoo as it can discolor blonde, white or grey hair.
- Choose one type of shampoo for a few weeks to see it works for you . Don’t use multiple shampoos at once in hurry to get rid of this scaly white dead skin flakes from your scalp.
- Switch the shampoos if you don’t see any improvements.
- Apply shampoo mildly not in excess quantity.
- Massage your anti-dandruff shampoo on your scalp for 2-5 minutes.
- Moisturize your scalp by using natural oils before a few hours of washing your hair.
- Avoid hair products which affect your scalp and hair. Avoid hair gels, sprays as it increases the risk of fungal infections.
- Use tea tree oil as it reduces greasiness, itchiness. Studies have shown that a shampoo with 5% tea tree oil will be very effective in treating dandruff. It reduces the growth of microbial. But be cautious that tea tree oil is poisonous if consumed. It should not be used around and in the mouth.
- If you’re allergic to tea tree oil then don’t use it.
- Stop scratching your scalp as it can worsen your dandruff.
- Massage your scalp with aloe vera gel. This gel is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants. Its moisturizing properties will help you to heal your problem faster.
- Apply soaked fenugreek pastes on your scalp along with coconut oil and leave it for 2 hours.
- Make a paste of baking soda mixed with water and use it f in your scalp and hair. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes and wash it with water. Avoid using baking soda too frequently as it can dry out your hair and makes your scalp irritated.
You cannot get rid of this dead skin flakes at once. Regular use of anti-dandruff shampoo and simple home remedies will gradually reduce this problem. Use good products to your hair. Take care of your scalp and hair. Eat diet accordingly. Don’t stress yourself. Mental health also matters.
In this article you can see how to maintain a good hair