Do you commonly want to improve your marks and grades? There are a few tricks and practices which can considerably improve your chances of scoring more marks on a test.
Every student wants to know alternative or time-saving methods to study effectively and score more marks in the exams.
This article provides you the effective strategies on How To Score More Marks In The Exam. Lets get started !!!
Pay attention and focus in classes to score more marks
- The more attention you pay in your classes is the best thing you can do to improve your test marks or scores.
- Letting your mind wander or not focused will likely make you miss out on important or key information that will later appear on exams.
- And take good notes, this is important if you want to have easier studying when tests approach. Absorb knowledge sufficiently.
Use flow charts and diagrams to score more marks
- Visual aids can be beneficial when revising.
- Write everything on a paper you already know about a topic or prepare a flowchart at the end of every topic and then highlight the keywords. When exams approach, reduce your revision notes into one-page diagrams.
- This is a great method where you don’t forget the information you have learnt and helps you to become a class topper
- You can also draw these diagrams or flowcharts which will leave an impression on the teacher, that the student is well prepared in this topic.
Want to score more marks and become a topper ? Here’s an article on Simple Ways To Become A Class Topper
Take more practice tests or sample papers to score more marks
- Search for a few practices tests online or asks your teacher.
- Taking more practice tests will assist you to figure out how much knowledge you know vs how much information or knowledge you think you know.
- It will help you to know weak points and removes exam stress and fear.
- It will also help in revision, boosts your self-confidence and saves your time by increasing your speed, accuracy on the exam when you practice more.
Explain your answers or teach others to score more marks
- Teaching others will help you to get it clear with the concepts and knows how much more you need to go through that topic again.
- In this way, you can help your friends too and also helps to get more clarity on how much exactly you know about the subject.
Present your answers more clearly and neatly
- Getting good marks is not a joke, even a single mark can make a huge difference.
- Neatness and cleanliness are one of them. Your answer sheet is the only thing that will represent you and on this basis of which you will get your marks.
- You must understand the question and must know what to write and how much to write a perfect answer.
- Underline the important keywords in your answer sheet which makes teachers easier to give marks for which words or phrases they are expecting according to the question asked.
Never leave questions blank
- Never just leave a question blank, especially when it comes to multiple-choice, you’ll have at least a 25% chance of getting the right answer.
- Use elimination methods in multiple-choice questions.
- Look for clues in other questions, sometimes the answer to a question can be included or hinted at in another question on the exam. Look at other answers or questions to help jog your memory.
- The most important thing is to eat, being hungry during an exam will divert you and make you tired.
- Make sure you eat a meal filled with lean protein before you have a test.
Get a good amount of sleep
- A good amount of sleep will help in the recollection of information.
- Scientists from Baylor University, Texas have proved that a special incentive – in which students obtained improved marks on final exams for getting at least 8 hours of sleep.
Drink plenty of water
- Getting dehydrated during a test can be diverting and reduces your the ability to think more clearly.
- Drink more water and stay hydrated before your test and also carry a water bottle with you to the test as well.
The above mentioned are a few effective strategies to score more marks in the exam, you can also consider the following points to increase your scores in the exam.
- Answer the questions you know first.
- Stick with your syllabus book.
- Don’t leave the exam hall soon.
- Use mnemonic and other methods.
- Revise more. One of the most important strategy I think which will benefit all of us is to REVISE, REVISE and REVISE!!