In this article let’s know the reasons behind people snoring and its causes
Snoring is the rough sound that you make when your breathing gets obstructed while you’re sleeping. Let’s know few more causes for snoring.
You’re more likely to snore if you’re a middle old or older man, postmenopausal woman or if you’re plump or overweight. The more narrowed your airway, the more forceful the airflow becomes. This increases tissue vibration which causes your snoring to grow louder.
know more about causes for snoring!!
It can be caused by some primary factors such as bulky throat tissue, a long soft palate or uvula, poor muscle tone. These are common reasons for snoring.
Here are the most common causes for it
- Consumption of alcohol right before you go to bed will cause snoring. Alcohol relaxes your body with will actually intensify your risk of snoring. This is one of the most common causes of snoring.
- Excess body weight can worsen snoring. Extra weight adds excess tissue to your neck which may constrict your windpipe.
Want to know how to gain body weight? check out this article on how to gain body weight ?
- People who are healthy weight cab still have a snoring problem if they are the underlying health risk of apnea.
what is apnea?
Apnea (BrE: apnoea ) is the cessation of breathing. During an apnea, there is no movement of the muscles of inhalation, and the volume of the lungs initially remains unchanged. Depending on how blocked the airways are (patency), there may or may not be a flow of gas between the lungs and the environment; gas exchange within the lungs and cellular respiration is not affected.
- Sleeping on your back causes the tissues in the back of your throat to hang down, making your airways narrow.
- Smoking increases your risk of snoring. It also makes snoring worse.
- Taking sedatives also intensifies your snoring, sedatives relax your central nervous system which includes your throat muscles.
- Eating heavily before bed which can relax your muscles will cause snoring.
- Nasal congestions like stuffy nose, cold, allergies, sinuses reduce airflow which also causes snoring.