MCQ ON WORLD GEOGRAPHY UPSC, FOR GOVT JOB EXAMS | DAY 109 : For govt jobs preparation daily MCQ will be provided. Most of the questions will be from the past question papers of UPSC, SSC, IBPS..
1.Which one of the following type of coal contains a high percentage of carbon than the rest?
A Bituminous coal
2. Which one of the following Scholars suggested the earth’s origin from gases and dust particles.?
A James jeans
B H Alfven
C F. Hoyle
D O. Schmidt
Answer O. Schmidt
3. Consider the following statement;
1Tides are of great help in navigation and fishing.
2. High tide enables big ship to center or leave the harbor safely.
3. Tide prevents sailtation in the harbors.
4. Kandla and diamond purpose are tidal foods.
Which of the following statements are correct?
A 1 and 4
D All the above
Answer All the above
4. Which one of the following weather conditions is indicated by a sudden fall in barometer reading?
B Clam weather
C Hot and dry weather
D Cold and dry weather
5. Who among the following was the first to state that the earth was spherical.?
6. If the stars are seen to rise perpendicular to the horizontal by the observer, he is located on the
B Tropic of Cancer
C South pole
D North pole
7. Volcanic eruption do not occur in
A Baltic sea
B Black sea
C Caribbean sea
D Caspian sea
Answer Baltic sea
8. Quartzite is metamorphosed from
9. Identify the correct order of the the process of of soil erosion from the following;
A Splash erosion, sheet erosion, rill erosion, gully erosion
B Sheet erosion, splash erosion, gully erosion, rill erosion
C Rill erosion, gully erosion, sheet erosion, splash erosion
D Gully erosion, rill erosion, sheet erosion, splash erosion
ANSWER Splash erosion, sheet erosion, rill erosion, gully erosion
10. Sun’s halo is produced by the refraction of light in
A Water vapor in stratus cloud
B Ice crystals in in cirro-cumulus cloud
C Ice crystal in cirrus cloud
D Dust particles in stratus clouds
Answer Ice crystal in cirrus cloud