MCQ on Indian History-For Govt jobs preparation Daily MCQ will be provided, most of the questions will be from the past question papers from UPSC, SSC IBPS, etc.
- The Ilbert bill controversy was related to the
- Imposition of certain restrictions to carry arms by the Indians.
- Imposition of restrictions on newspapers and magazines published in Indian language.
- Removal of disqualifications in post on the Indian magistrate with regards to the trial of the Europeans.
- Removal of a duty on importing cotton clothes.
2. The Radcliffe committee was appointed to
- Solve the problems of minorities in India
- Give effect to the independence Bill
- Delimit the boundaries between India and Pakistan
- Enquire into riots in East Bengal
3. The partition of Bengal made by Lord Curzon in 1905 lasted until.
- The first world war when Indian troops were needed by the British and the partition was ended.
- King George V abrogated Curzon act at the royal Darbar in Delhi in 1913.
- Gandhiji launched is civil disobedience movement
- The partition of India in 1947 when East Bengal became East Pakistan.
MCQ on Indian History
4. A community of people called Manganiyar is well known for their.
- Martial arts in North East India
- Musical tradition in North West India
- Classical vocal music in South India
- Pietra Dora tradition in Central India
5. The Ghadr was a
- Revolutionary association of Indians with headquarters at San Francisco
- Nationalist organisation operating from Singapore
- Militant organisation with headquarters at Berlin
- Communist movement for India’s freedom with headquarters at Tashket.
6. Satyashodhak Samaj organized
- a movement for upliftment of tribals in Bihar
- a temple entry movement in Gujarat
- an anti caste movement in Maharashtra
- A peasant movement in Punjab
7. The Montage-Chelmsford proposal where related to
- social reforms
- educational reforms
- reforms in police administration
- constitutional reforms
8. What was the main reason for the split in the Indian National Congress at Surat in 1907.
- Introduction of communalism in to Indian politics by Lord Minto
- Extremist lack of faith in the capacity of moderators to negotiate with the British government.
- Foundation of Muslim league
- Aurobindo Ghosh inability to be elected as the President of Indian National Congress.
9. The plan of sir Stafford Cripps envisaged that after the second world war.
- Indian should be granted complete independence
- India should be partitioned into two before granting independence
- India should be made a republic with a condition that she will join the commonwealth
- India should be given dominion status
10. Which one of the following statement does not apply to the system of subsidiary alliance introduced by Lord Wellesley?
- To maintain a lot standing army at others expense.
- To keep India safe from Napoleonic danger
- To secure a fixed income for the company.
- To establish British paramountcy over the Indian state.