Every human on this earth got worries. The level of worry may vary, but they do exist. So now the question arises then how to stay calm in these situations?
When something unexpected happens, your first instinct may be to panic. You panic and make yourself too stressed. This can result in a complete breakdown. This can cause long-term damage to your health and lower your productivity.
We all face new challenges and unexpected challenges. The way we deal with these challenges is all that matters.
There may be a lot of things going on in your life, where you got so many responsibilities at work, at home, as you play different roles at different places. All these responsibilities put you under a pressure.
Importantly your performance may affect when you fail to manage your emotions and stay calm under such pressures.
The most successful people in the world have seen success only because of managing their stress and learned the art of being calm under any pressure, any situation, any challenges.
Personally, I feel a person can stay in peace, calm without any stress and live a happy life by managing how to control his or her emotions in any worst and good situations.
Try to analyze the consequences you being without staying calm
- Firstly, when you are in an unexpected circumstance, that made you get upset, angry, and you do not know how to react and what to do. Then think of the consequences or the product of your angry, lets me take an example to make you very clear.
- For instance, there were times when I easily get into this anger mode in the simple stuff. This happened when I fought with my sister for not so important reason and in anger, without thinking for a second I smashed my new phone.
- I lost my phone and wasted my hard-earned money, unfortunately.
- This is just a small example; there can be many of yours. If I had thought for a minute about the consequences of breaking my phone then I would not have broken my phone. All that needed was a little calmness and patience.
- So just, think before you react in worse situation or circumstances.
Go for a walk and stay calm
- If you are under pressure at work, just five minutes of fresh air and a change of place could help you to feel calmer and gain a new perspective on the same situation.
- Do not respond or react instantly where you are not in a situation. Just take some time, go out for a few minutes and resume your work.
- This will make you avoid taking wrong decisions at the wrong time.
This is the most common advice you get when you are drowning in the waters of negativity, in fact, the most effective of overcoming stress.
There are many ways to stay positive in your life, even when you are going through challenges, sadness, or anger
How to stay positive?
- In simple words, I would say just have hope and confidence in yourself. Do not doubt yourself, just think of your ability in the past incidents and remind yourself of your capabilities and try to overcome those challenges by staying calm and positive.
- Any positive thought will do to refocus your attention. I understand it is too easy when you are in good mood but it is difficult when you are in a negative home.
Talk to your loved ones
Talk to your loved ones be it your mom, wife colleague, dad, girlfriend, or boyfriend. Just share your feelings about how you are feeling.
- Because sharing your feeling with your loved one makes you feel reenergized and refreshed.
- Talking with your favorite, you get back the feedback or suggestions to your problem.
Sleep enough to stay calm
- Things could go even worse when you have not slept enough. Stress and tension can often lead to insomnia, eventually, you end up in a vicious cycle – not being able to sleep and then feeling worse because of not having enough nap.
- Sufficient sleep helps you wake up fresh and stay the positive whole day.
Meditate is key to stay calm
- Spending a few minutes in meditation can restore your calm and inner peace
- It’s the most simple and easy way to overcome stress, anger and anxiety
- Practice meditation wherever you are irrespective of place. Whether you are at work, home, in the car.
Listen to music
Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies, especially slow, quiet classical music
- Perhaps you may feels like a waste of time listening to music in such a situation, which gives you nothing in return.
- However, it is the best treatment to reduce stress.
- Music therapy significantly reduces emotional distress and boosts the quality of life, for one going through sorrow.
- Stress and tension can be increased more when you talk more on stuff that is not related to you.
- We, humans, have this practice of interfering into other problems by talking unnecessarily and makes us even more stressed along with our problems.
- Sometimes we react more thinking other’s problems are our problems and lose our calmness in our life.
- The less you talk the less you get into tensions. In this was you make yourself less stressed and can improve your calmness in your less.
- Focus more on your work, and do not over react for the things which is not under your control.