MCQ ON INDIAN POLITY FOR GOVT EXAMS | DAY 112 : For govt jobs preparation daily MCQ will be provided. Most of the questions will be from the past question papers of UPSC, SSC, IBPS.
- Which one of the following is incorrect in respect of Local Government in India?
- According to the Indian Constitution, local government is not an independent tier in the federal system
- 30% of the seats in local bodies are reserved for women
- Local government finances are to be provided by a Commission
- Elections to local bodies are to be determined by a Commission
2. What is the system of governance in the Panchayati Raj set up?
- Single tier structure of local self government at the village level
- Two tier system of local self government at the village and block levels
- Free diet structure of several government at the village, block and district levels
- Four tier system of local self government at the village ,block and in the state levels
3. Panchayat Raj was first introduced in India in October 1959 in:
- Tamil Nadu
4. In the new Panchayati Raj bill enacted in 1993, there are several fresh provisions deviating from the past. Which one of the following is not one such provisions?
- A number of added responsibilities in the area of agriculture, rural development,primary education and social Forestry among other
- Elections being made mandatory for all posts at the time they are due.
- A Statutory representation for women in the panchayats, October third of the strength.
- Regular remuneration to the panchayat members, so as to ensure their punctuality and accountability.
5. A college student desires to get elected to the Municipal Council of his city. The validity office nomination would depend on the important condition, among others, that:
- He obtaines permission from principal office college
- He is a member of a political party
- His name figures in the voters list
- He files declaration going allegiance to the constitution of India
6. In india, the first Municipal Corporation was set up in which one among the following?
7. In the areas covered under the panchayat ( extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996, what is the role/power of Gram Sabha?
- Gram Sabha has the power to prevent alienation of land in Scheduled Areas.
2.Gram Sabha has the ownership of minor forest produce
- Recommendation of Gram Sabha is required for granting prospecting licence or mining lease for any mineral in the Scheduled Areas.
Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 1 and 2 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1,2 and 3
8. If a panchayat is dissolved, elections are to be held within:
- 1 month
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 1 year
9. Which article of the Indian Constitution reflects that it Constitution is neither rigid nor flexible but a synthesis of both?
- Article 350
- Article 362
- Article 368
- Article 344
10. In how many categories are the parliamentary standing committees classified?