TODAYS MCQ ON GEOGRAPHY UPSC PRELIMS. Most of the questions from the past question papers from UPSC, SSC IBPS, etc.
- When you travel in certain parts of India you will notice red soil. What is the main reason for this colour?
A)Abundance of magnesium
C)Presence of ferric oxide
D)Abundance of phosphate
Answer presence of ferric oxide
2. The latitude that passes through Sikkim also passes through
D)Jammu and Kashmir
3. The lowest gangetic plain is characterized by humid climate with high temperature throughout the year. Which one among the following pairs of crops is most suitable for this region?
A)Paddy and cotton
B)Wheat and jute
C)Paddy and jute
D)Wheat and cotton
Answer paddy and jute
4. Which one of the following pairs of Iceland is separated from each other by the “Ten degree channel”?
A)Andaman and Nicobar
B)Nicobar and Sumatra
C)Maldives and Lakshadweep
D)Sumatra and Java
Answer Andaman and Nicobar
5. The seasonal reversal of wind is the typical characteristic of
D)All the above climates
Answer Monsoon climate
6. Which one of the following pairs of states of India indicates the easternmost and westernmost States?
A)Assam and Rajasthan
B)Arunachal pradesh and Rajasthan
C)Assam and Gujarat
D)Arunachal pradesh and gujarat
Answer Arunachal Pradesh and Gujarat
7. Which one of the following regions of India has a combination of mangrove forest, evergreen forest and deciduous forest.?
A)North coastal Andhra Pradesh
B)South West Bengal
D)Andaman and Nicobar Island
Andaman and Nicobar Island
8. Which one of the following is an artificial lake?
A)Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu)
B)Kolleru (Andhra Pradesh)
C)Nainital ( Uttarakhand)
D)Renuka ( Himachal Pradesh)
Answer Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu)
9. Among the following cities, which one lies on a longitude closest to that of Delhi?
10. Which one of the following National park lies completely in the temperate alpine zone?
A) Manas National park
B) Namdapha National park
C) Neora valley National park
D)Valley of flower national park
Answer valley of flower national park