MCQ ON AGRICULTURE FOR GOVT EXAMS | DAY 118 : For govt jobs preparation daily MCQ will be provided. Most of the questions will be from the past question papers of UPSC, SSC, IBPS.
- An object of the national food security mission is to increase the production of certain crops through area expansion and productivity enhancement in a sustainable manner in the identified districts of the country. what are those Crops?
- Rice and wheat only
- Rice, wheat and pulses only
- Rice, wheat, pulses and oilseeds only
- Rice, wheat, pulses, oil seeds and vegetables
2. With reference to soil conservation, consider the following practices:
- Crop rotation
- Sand fences
- Wind breaks
Which of the above are considered appropriate methods for soil conservation in India?
- 1,2 and 3 only
- 2 and 4 only
- 1,3 and 4 only
- 1,2,3 and 4
3. Assertion (A) : There are no tea plantations in any African country.
Reason ( R): tea plants need for tile soil with high humus.
- Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
- Both A and R are true and R is not a correct explanation of A
- A is true but R is false
- A is false but R is true
4. Dalbergia species is associated with which one of the following?
- Cashew nut
5. Which one of the following places associated with Aacharya Vinoba Bhave’s bhoodan movement at the beginning of the movement?
- Uday giri
- Venkata giri
6. Which one among the following has the largest livestock population in the world?
7. Consider the following statements;
- chikmagaluru is well known for sugar production
- Mandya is well known as a coffee producing region
Which of the statement given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2
8. Which one of the following statements is correct?
- The first meeting of the parties(MOP) to the Cartagena protocol on biosafety was held in Philippines in the year 2004
- India is not a signatory to the biosafety protocol/ convention on biological diversity
- The biosafety protocol deals with genetically modified organisms
- United State of America is the member of biosafety protocol/ convention on biological diversity
9. For the first time, scientists have developed which fabric from the flax plant?
10. The new alluvial deposit along the flood plains of the river is known as which of the following?