DAY 83 MCQ ON INDIAN POLITY: For govt jobs preparation daily MCQ will be provided, most of the questions will be from the past question papers of UPSC, SSC, IBPS.
- In India, separation of judiciary from the executive is enjoined by [UPSC-2020]
- The Preamble of the Constitution
- A Directive Principle of State Policy
- The Seventh Schedule
- The conventional practice
2. The Ninth Schedule was introduced in the Constitution of India during the prime ministership of [UPSC-2019]
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Indira Gandhi
- Morarji Desai
3. India is a member of which among the following? [UPSC-2015]
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Association of South-East Asian Nations
- East Asia Summit
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- 1 and 2 only
- 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
- India is a member of none of them
4. Rashtriya Garima Abhiyaan is a national campaign to [UPSC-2016]
- Rehabilitate the homeless and destitute persons and provide them with suitable sources of livelihood
- Release the sex workers from their practice and provide them with alternative sources of livelihood
- Eradicate the practice of manual scavenging and rehabilitate the manual scavengers
- Release the bonded labourers from their bondage and rehabilitate them
5. In the context of India, which one of the following is the correct relationship between Rights and
- Rights are correlative with Duties.
- Rights are personal and hence independent of society and Duties.
- Rights, not Duties, are important for the advancement of the personality of the citizen.
- Duties, not Rights, are important for the stability of the State.
6. A constitutional government by definition is a [UPSC-2020]
- Government by legislature
- Popular government
- Multi-party government
- Limited government
7. A Parliamentary System of Government is one in which [UPSC-2020]
- All political parties in the Parliament are represented in the Government
- The Government is responsible to the Parliament and can be removed by it
- The Government is elected by the people and can be removed by them
- The Government is chosen by the Parliament but cannot be removed by it before completion of a fixed term
8. Which Article of the Constitution of India safeguards one’s right to marry the person of one’s choice? [UPSC-2019]
- Article 19
- Article 21
- Article 25
- Article 29
9. When a bill is referred to a joint sitting both the Houses of the Parliament, has to be passed by [UPSC-2015]
- A simple majority of member present and voting
- Three-fourths majority of member present and voting
- Two-thirds majority of the House
- Absolute majority of the House
10. Consider the following statements: [UPSC-2013]
- The Chairman and the Deputy Chairman of the Rajya Sabha are not the members of that
- While the nominated members of the two Houses of the Parliament have no voting right in the
presidential election, they have the right to vote in the election of the Vice President.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither 1 nor 2