DAILY MCQ ON MODERN HISTORY Day 39 For Govt jobs preparation Daily MCQ will be provided, most of the questions will be from the past question papers from UPSC, SSC IBPS, etc.
1.Which one of the following Acts of British India strengthened the Victory’s authority over his Executive Council by substituting “Portfolio” or departmental system for corporation functioning?
- Indian Council Act,1861
- Government of India Act,1858
- Indian Council Act,1892
- Indian Council Act,1909
2. With reference to the entry of European powers into India, which of the following statements is not incorrect?
- The Portuguese captured Goa in 1499
- The English opened their first factory in South India at Masulipatam
- In Eastern India, the English opened their first factory in Orissa in 1633
- Under the leadership of Dupleix, the French occupied Madras in 1746
3. During the colonial period in India, what was the purpose of the Whitley Commission?
- To review the fitness of India for further political reforms
- To report on existing conditions of labour and to make recommendations
- To draw up a plan for financial reforms for India
- To develop a comprehensive scheme for Civil Services in India
4.In India, among the following locations, the Dutch established their earliest factory at:
5. The aim of the education as stated by the Wood’s Despatch of 1854 was:
- The creation of employment opportunities for native Indians
- The spread of Western culture in India
- The promotion of literacy among the people using English medium
- The introduction of Scientific research and rationalism in the traditional Indian education
6. Which of the following statements is not correct?
- Ali Mardan Khan introduced the system of revenue farming in Bengal
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh has set up modern boundaries to manufacture cannons at Lahore
- Sawai Jai Singh of Amber had Euclid’s Elements of Geometry’s translated in to Sanskrit
- Sultan Tippu of Mysore gave money for the construction of the idol of Goddess Sharda in the Shringeri Temple
7.Which of the following provisions was not made in the Charter Act of 1833?
- The trading activities of East India company were to be abolished
- The designation of the supreme authority was to be changed as the Governor-General of India in Council
- All law-making powers to be conferred on Governor-General in Council
- An Indian was to be appointed as a Law Member in the Governor-General’s in Council
8. With reference to the colonial rule in India, what was sought by the IIbert Bill in 1883?
- To bring Indians and Europeans at par as far as the criminal jurisdiction of courts was concerned
- To impose severe restriction on the freedom of the native press as it was perceived to be hostile colonial rulers
- To encourage the native Indians to appear for civil services examinations by conducting them in India
- To allow native Indians to posses arms by amending the Arms Act
9. In India, the first Bank of Limited liability managed by Indians and founded in 1881 was
- Hindustan Commercial Bank
- Oudh Commercial Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
10. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- Pitt’s India Act: Warren Hastings
- Doctrine of Lapse: Dalhousie
- Vernacular Press Act: Curzon
- IIbert Bill: Ripon