For Govt jobs preparation Daily MCQ will be provided, most of the questions will be from the past question papers from UPSC, SSC IBPS, etc.
- The first feature film (talkie) to be produced in India was
- Alam Ara
- Raja harishchandra
ANSWER: ALAM ARA
2. The governor-general who followed a spirited “forward” policy towards Afghanistan was
3. At a time when empires in Europe were crumbling before the might of Napoleon, one of the following governors-general kept the British flag flying high in India
- Warren Hastings
- Lord Cornwallis
- Lord Wellesley
- Lord Hastings
ANSWER: LORD HASTINGS
4. Consider the following events
- Indigo Revolt
- Santhal Rebellion
- Deccan Riot
- Mutiny of the Sepoys
The correct chronological sequence of these events is
5. The last major extension of British Indian territory took place during the time of
6. Which one of the following statements is incorrect?
- Goa attained full statehood in 1987
- Diu is an island in the gulf of khambhat
- Daman and Diu were separated from goa by the 56th amendment of the constitution of India
- Dadra and Nagar haveli were under French colonial rule till 1954
ANSWER: Dadra and Nagar haveli was under French colonial rule till 1954
7. Who among the following Indian ruler’s established embassies in foreign countries on modern Lines?
- Haider ali
- Mir quasim
- Shah alam II
- Tipu sultan
ANSWER: TIPU SULTAN
8. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
- India’s first Technicolor film-jhansi ki rani
- Indian first 3d film- My dear Kuttichattan
- Indian first insured film-Taal
- Indians first actress to win the Bharat Ratna-Meena Kumari
ANSWER: Indians first actress to win the Bharat Ratna-Meena Kumari
9. Who among the following Englishmen, first translated Bhagavad-gita into English?
- Willian jones
- Charles wilkins
- Alexander cunninghan
- John Marshall
ANSWER: CHARLES WILKINS
10. Under the permanent settlement 1793, the zamindars are required to issue pattas to the farmers which were not issued by many of the zamindars. The reason was
- The zaminders were trusted by the farmers
- There was no officials check upon the zamindars
- It was the responsibility of the british government
- The farmers were not interested in getting pattas.
ANSWER: There was no officials check upon the zamindars