Chemistry Objectives General Knowledge Questions & Answers for SSC-CGL, UPPSC, UPSC, NDA, CDS and UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination
1. Which of the following are the most and the least electronegative elements in the periodic table?
[A] Fluorine and Caesium
[B] Hydrogen and Helium
[C] Carbon and Oxygen
[D] Chlorine and Fluorine
Answer: A [Fluorine and Caesium]
2. Which among the following gas was leaked at Bhopal during the Bhopal gas tragedy at 2-3 December 1984?
[A] Methyl isocyanide
[B] Methyl isocyanate
[C] Methyl isochloride
[D] Methyl isochlorate
Answer: B [Methyl isocyanate ]
3. Which among the following is major component of Gobar Gas?
Answer: D [Methane]
4. Which among the following is popularly called Hypo?
[A] Silver bromide
[B] Silver nitrate
[C] Sodium thiosulphate
[D] Sodium phosphate
Answer: C [Sodium thiosulphate ]
5. Charles Goodyear is known for which of the following ?
[A] Experiments on Rubber Plants
[B] Vulcanization of Rubber
[C] Invention of Radial Tyres
[D] Invention of Artificial Rubber
Answer: B [Vulcanization of Rubber]
6. Which of the following was discovered in Milikan’s oil drop experiment?
[A] Charge on a proton
[B] Charge on an electron
[C] Charge to mass ratio of an electron
[D] Mass of a Hydrogen atom
Answer: B [Charge on an electron]
7.Which of the following gas is used to prevent the chips from getting oxidised?
Answer: B [Nitrogen]
8. Which of the following carbon compound is used in the polymerisation process to produce polythene?
Answer: B [Ethene]
9.Which is the most abundant metal in the human body?
Answer: D [Calcium]
10. “Petroleum” can be categorised under which one of the following terms?
Answer: B [Hydrocarbons ]